The GAP Programme for Snowboarders
This is an excellent value snowboard training course that will allow you to qualify as a snowboard instructor in just one ski season. Whether you’re taking time out before going to Uni or recharging the batteries in between jobs or perhaps on sabbatical, this is a brand new programme for the 2016 season, designed with you in mind. This programme runs parallel to our gap programme for skiers.
A stunning value, eleven week gap programme, you’ll be signing onto a dynamic and action packed curriculum that will make the most of your time in this exciting adventure playground that is Soldeu, Andorra. This, unique opportunity, will give you a flavour of all that a large, modern and vibrant winter resort has to offer. To keep you focused, the goal will be to develop your technical and teaching skills sufficiently to qualify you as a snowboard instructor by the end of the season.
Course Pre requisites: Course candidates must be over 18 year old and should feel comfortable riding red trails as a minimum standard before considering booking on our eleven week gap course, however, if you feel you’re not quite there but you’re determined to work towards becoming a qualified pro, you can take advantage of our advanced snowboarding programme. This will certainly provide you with a solid platform and experience to help propel you in the right direction.
The 2015/16 Season course will run from Sunday 3rd January 2016 until Friday 18th March 2016.
Why do we choose Soldeu for your Gap?
Soldeu has a lot in common with other great winter resorts that offer Gap programmes. Soldeu is right at the heart of the GRANDVALIRA domain and has a great snow record. A huge area with varied terrain there are many special features that make Soldeu a unique winter destination for your gap year experience.
We asked some regular visitors to Soldeu why they love to ride in Soldeu and here are just some of the things they said:
BASIC COURSE FEE (3950€) INCLUDES:
- Initial 15 hour training course, (Week 1),
- Goal setting and Action Planning Session, (Week 1),
- Eight hours on-hill instruction per week, (Weeks 2 to 11, excl. two week consolidation period),
- Up to five weeks of class shadowing, 15 hours per week,
- Video analysis sessions,
- Weekly “off-hill” analysis and feedback session,
- Indoor teaching and pedagogy clinics,
- Two park and pipe clinics, (Weeks 3 and 6),
- A two week mid course consolidation period,
- Hand picked ISIA level and race coach qualified training instructor,
- Maximum on snow ratio of 6 students to 1 training instructor,
- Advice and assistance on which system and what exams to consider (Exams take place between mid March and mid April),
- Two service and equipment preparation clinics (weeks 1 and 4),
- Entry-Level Instructor Examination Fees,
- Lift pass.
- Travel costs to and from the resort,
- Board and Lodging – See Accommodation and Food Options,
- Registration and Membership fees of chosen National Instructor Association.
Please Note: You must be over 18 years of age on 3rd January 2016 to register for this course.
The following, optional extras, are not included in the original course price, however, can easily be organised and included within the programme for the additional costs shown. They provide an excellent opportunity to supplement your seasons experience.
- French or Spanish conversation classes (Group) – 15€*/hr,
- French or Spanish conversation classes (Individual) – 30€*/hr,
- Personal medical insurance – price on request,
- Equipment – price on request,
- Winter First Aid course – 90*€
- Cross-country skiing – 60€*/2hrs (includes equipment hire),
- Snowshoeing – 60€*/2hrs (includes equipment hire),
- Telemarking – 60€*/2hrs (includes equipment hire),
- Ski Touring – 60€*/2hrs (includes equipment hire),
- Alpine Skiing– 60€*/2hrs (includes equipment hire),
- Igloo building adventure – 60€*/ 2hrs (includes equipment hire),
- Paragliding – 100€*/20min flight,
- Ski doo rides – 80€*/ppph,
- Second Level examination costs – price on request.
* Price quotation serves as an approximation and may change due to exchange rates and high/low season rate fluctuation.
Why not explore more of our site?
Pro Ski Training, Cullenagh, Portlaoise, Co Laois, Ireland
© Pro Ski Training Copyright 2008 – 2015